Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shopping for the Cheap Stuff

So yesterday (Monday) I went shopping around for a waterproof jacket and some long underwear for sailing! Luckily I found just about everything I was looking for before the wind kicked up too much and it started to get pretty cold. The best part of the day was when I went to Auckland's "2nd best cafe": Cafe Cezanne. I know this because they boldly announce the fact that it's the 2nd best cafe above the entrance. Now I really want to know where the best one is because this place was soooo good I thought I was in heaven. This was by far the best meal I've had in Auckland and you'll never guess what I had! A smoked chicken and veggie omelet!!! It was incredible! Huge and accompanied by some fabulous rosemary toast.

Anyway, I have to be quick because I'm catching a ferry in 19 minutes! I was so exhausted by the end of the day that I went to bed fairly early at about 9pm since I didn't sleep well the previous night. Karina left so we got another new roommate: Edward, from Hong Kong. What a sweetheart. Since the other 3 of us are female, he announced that he would leave and let us get ready for bed and then come back. This is definitely his first hostel experience. Yet again, I barely slept last night because Sue, the English woman in her forties, was either snoring or loudly blowing her nose all night long!!! I wanted to strangle her!!! Thank God she left this morning! Edward must have known I didn't sleep much since I was tossing and turning all night and so he literally gave me a piece of paper this morning with a bible verse from the book of Matthew and then proceeded to sing it to me! Ha! It's wonderful how some people deal with lack of sleep...

Okay, I'm off to Waiheke Island today!

-Lisa

No comments: