Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And another hostel!

Okay so I got up this morning, much earlier than I wanted but my phone rang and it was Tony asking me if I wanted to sail tomorrow. I told him I'd call him back once I made my decision about going south for the weekend or staying. I went downstairs to talk to the guy about which room I would be staying in tonight and he replied, "We're totally full." So because some guy f-ed up last week, I had to move to another hostel today. Luckily the manager called the Backpackers down the street and got me in there. After sweating through another haul of my luggage on the bus and then off to Ponsonby Backpackers, I decided I'd better get to making my decision.

A whole lot of agonizing later, I came to the conclusion that no, I would not go south or go sailing but I would go into some bars and cafes and get myself some sort of job for the time being. I found this place, "The Safari Lounge" that had a sign posted: Bar Staff Needed. I called the guy and he told me to meet him at 4pm. I had two hours to go to the grocery store and what not before the meeting. At 4 I met with Brad and his partner, the owners of the bar, who are super laid back. We chatted and then Brad showed me around the bar and gave me a form to fill out. He told me that he'd let me know in a couple of days and as they have a few people to go through, and the only thing against me is the lack of experience. But he also said it would be easy to teach me because they mainly just serve beer.

So I guess the plan for the next couple of days is to check out some more bars/cafes in case Safari Lounge doesn't work! Also, I'm staying in a dorm room with about 7 other people tonight, so that might totally suck. I'm going to try and find another place for a week or so. Anyway, so that's the update!

-Lisa

No comments: