Friday, February 1, 2008

Tips!

So I'm not going to say that I like working at Sticky Fingers, especially since I was supposed to work in the bar last night and had to work the floor instead (2 people didn't show up). But...I made $81.50 in tips! Woohoo! That's a ton for New Zealand! It definitely makes it easier to say "Yes" to working the floor.

Over the last couple of weeks here in Christchurch, Beate and I have seen sooooo many people we know! We saw:
-A girl we met at the Monteith's Brewery tour in Greymouth
-The weird German girl we stayed with in Nelson
-The guy that cleaned the kitchen at The Ponsonby Backpackers before Beate got the job
-Chris, the guy that Beate and I went out with the first week I stayed at Ponsonby Backpackers
-Two girls we sat behind on the train from Auckland to Wellington
-A girl we stayed with in Queenstown
-Riyat, the head chef at The Ponsonby (where I used to work)
-and Jax, the new GM of Ponsonby!
Whoa! It really makes this country feel small.

On Wednesday (I think), Beate came back from her shower laughing. I asked what was up and she said, "There's a dead mouse in the kitchen!" Ewww! I walked past it on the way to take my shower and was incredibly disgusted! Can you believe it?! Yuck! Thank goodness one of the other roommates got rid of it.

Other than that, the week hasn't been too exciting. Today's very hot and nice out and I also don't have to work so we'll probably hang outside and enjoy the sunshine.

-Lisa

No comments: