Wednesday, February 6, 2008

We Found the Americans!

Alright so I am pleased to admit that I rooted for the Giants through the entire Superbowl! Woohoo! Beate and I found a sports bar called "The Holy Grail" and watched the game on a huge TV with pizza and beer. The place was actually packed with people, most of which were American! What a great game! I even saw a guy in the bar that had a WSU hat on! Small world!!!
I've been working at Sticky Fingers part time, usually Wednesday through Thursday and then over the weekend. They have me doing both bar and floor, but mostly floor. It's definitely weird compared to The Ponsonby, but oh well. Beate had a trial at an Irish Bar last night. They're supposed to call her later this week to tell her when she'll work next.

The weather has been all over the place here. Really hot one day and then the next is freezing! I could not get warm at all yesterday and today I'm wearing shorts! Vince and Greg (our French buddies from Ponsonby) are supposed to come into town today so we're excited to catch up with them. Today is also Waitangi day which is like New Zealand day. It's based on the formation of New Zealand so it's a public holiday. I'm sure alot of people will be out and about.

Back to the sunshine!

-Lisa

No comments: