Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Job Hunting

Alright everyone I know I haven't updated in awhile, but it's because Beate & I are still looking for jobs. I pretty much have a part-time job right now at Sticky Fingers which is one of the restaurant's that is owned by the same company as the one I worked at in Auckland. I ended up doing a 2 hour trial shift on Saturday and then went back to help on Sunday for a few hours. I ended up working almost 7 hours on Sunday because it was so busy! It's a great place, but they could use some help in making things more efficient. I hope to only work there part time at night or on weekends and get an office temp job for full time during the day. I have an interview in an hour with a temp agency and I sent off a bunch of emails and registrations yesterday to other agencies. Beate and I figure that if we work really hard for 2 months, that is all it will take to have enough money to travel to the North Island.

This brings me to the plans: We plan on staying in Christchurch until the first week of April. Then we will travel the North Island and try and do some wwoofing (Working on Organic Farms) in order to save the cost of accommodation, for about 3 weeks. We both fly out of Auckland on Saturday, April 26th which is apparently a holiday here: Anzac day (something to do with the war). Beate will return to Germany, but I'm flying from Auckland to Sydney and then Sydney to Honolulu and finally Honolulu to Kona to stay with my grandparents and hang out in Hawaii for a month and a half! I'm thinking I'll probably get a job waitressing/bar-tending while I'm there. Then I fly home to WA on June 19th! I'm super excited to finally have things planned out and to be able to spend some time with my grandparents.

I hope everyone's doing well!

-Lisa

No comments: